Closed Thread

Thread: The Shore of Lake Michigain *56K*

You Gunna Eat That? paintballerpro's Avatar
    Thanks

The Shore of Lake Michigain *56K*

Hey, these are from a while back, I'm not BIG BIG into photography, but I like taking photos that look nice. I don't have the greatest camera, and I have 0 training in taking pictures. I'll just take a bunch and some will come out okay, some wont.

This is Waukeegan Beach North of Chicago near the IL WI border. It WAS a nice sunny day, but crapped out just as I got to the beach. This was before Memorial Day so the water temps are still ice cold.

Our beach pales in compairson to an ocean beach, but it's still a nice place to hang out and relax. If only I had a beer, a sunny day, a chair, cigar, and my iPod I could sit and lounge for hours.

These are what we get for lighthouses. Marks the end of a stone jetty that protects a small harbor

A piece of driftwood up near the dunes. I like the way this photo came out, yes it isnt really an interisting photo, but IMO, It's peaceful.

Another one of my Fav's. A apricot pitt that was thrown into the sand. Sprouted but died. I like the way the sand formed around the pit from the wind. Another picture of nothing that looks nice.

Erosion at it's finest. Amazing what you miss if you don't take the time to look.

Ground level view of the waves. Waves about 10-15 inches tall. Waves on the lake dont get much larger than 2-3 feet (breakers) unless there is a storm in which case they can grow to be 10-15 feet. Winds were calm and out of the east, I'm assuming these formed off the michigain coast.

Another flat piece of driftwood. This time with the lake in the background.

Here we have the boardwalk. I don't know, reminds me of the atlantic coast. I miss the ocean and this picture really reminds me of being there.

I guess this is a marker placed when this was built. I've seen pictures of these on other breakwaters and piers.

On an intoxicated little island in the north atlantic
    Thanks

Re: The Shore of Lake Michigain *56K*

Nice photos man, looks like a nice place

Thanks

a couple of nice photos, but the lighthouse one bothers me, if your going to desicrate somthing, why would you just write metalica all over it? you could definatly be a little more creative and artistic like most of the people who tag shit, but all in all, nice photos. i especially like the one of the stones in the sand

You Gunna Eat That? paintballerpro's Avatar
    Thanks

I was confused with the lighthouse. It would be a nice lighthouse if people didn't deface it with their crap all over.

Defender of the Universe! adrenaline's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice pics there.. Havn't been to that spot. Although we have been to numerous other places on lake MI

Thanks

Next time I'm in Michigan I need to get a Petoskey stone. I didn't bring any when I moved.

Groin Grabbingly Good Juan.Camaney's Avatar
    Thanks

Groovy, I like the last one

<<<works for Army Corps of Engrs

Thanks

Re: The Shore of Lake Michigan *56K*

Nice pictures. I love Lake Michigan. I grew up in Northern Michigan, and miss going to to LM all the time.

~PF

Closed Thread