Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: REAL ID to be mandaded by federal Government

Thanks

REAL ID to be mandaded by federal Government

So, instead of having a Nation ID card, they just renamed it to a Real ID. This will put everyones personal identification in one easy to steal database. The Feds (Michael Chertoff and his DHS) are telling the states that if they do not comply, their residents will have to suffer when trying to board airplanes or enter a federal building, because "in the end, the rule is the rule as passed by Congress". I personally hope the 17 or so states that are resisting this tactic stand strong and tell the Federal Gov to go fuck themselves.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/11/real.id.ap/index.html

Thanks

Re: REAL ID to be mandaded by federal Government

Yes, Real ID is a renamed national ID card. I don't like this at all. Truly, I hope the states resist this as long and much as possible...

Thanks

Wow, how much more of the Constitution is Bush going to assault?! This country is heading in the wrong direction, and I hope someone, can change all that. Obama is the countries best hope for President I think, and I hope he wins.

Thanks

Bush can only assault the Constitution if he is allowed; the legislative and judicial branches are supposed to provide balance and reject/overturn/throwout things which are illegal (unconstitutional). Where is everyone?

There hasn't been much vocalization about these things, excluding several states which see this as economically cumbersome and/or intruding upon the rights of the states. Besides these few, does anyone else have trouble with this??

Right now, humans still have control of the barnyard. When will the pigs show up??

Thanks

How is it that much worse than a driver's license?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wilken

Quote Originally Posted by 93crawler
    Wow, how much more of the Constitution is Bush going to assault?! This country is heading in the wrong direction, and I hope someone, can change all that. Obama is the countries best hope for President I think, and I hope he wins.
    There is a democratic controlled congress now. If it is such a bad idea, why don't they block it. Bush is not a dictator.

What part of the constitution are you talking about?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wilken

http://www.realnightmare.org/

It puts everyones information in a single database that if compromised could really cause a lot of problems. http://www.realnightmare.org/

The cost is in the billions to each state, who do you think is going to have to eat that, upper class? Hell no, the working class will take that cock in the ass.

They (DHS) say that this will prevent people from getting fake ID's. B.S. Just like the RIAA thinks that they can stop people from stealing music, if someone wants to do it, they will.

If the people of the United States wanted a national ID, we would ask for it. The government shouldnt be able to force it upon us. Put it on the ballot.

Thankfully my state is one of the ones opposing this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thecowboy

There is a democratic controlled congress now. If it is such a bad idea, why don't they block it. Bush is not a dictator.

What part of the constitution are you talking about?
    Bush isnt, but he and his network are. If you cant see that then you need to open your eyes, do some research and stop watching Fox news. I would assume he would be talking about the Fouth Amendment;

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

If everyones information is available to every government institution, how are my papers secure?

Once you do go through the trouble of getting your documents together, the DMV will make high-resolution digital copies and put them onto a computer network that can be accessed by any DMV worker, anywhere in the country. The data on your license or ID card will be able to be called-up by any federal or state agency, anywhere. And your information will be put in either a chip or unencrypted barcode on the back, making it easy for anyone to skim your personal information.

Thanks

yes, very scary and very worthless IMO.

i will fight against this as much as i can.

i also despise the idea of electronic money.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty JJ
    Bush isnt, but he and his network are. If you cant see that then you need to open your eyes, do some research and stop watching Fox news. I would assume he would be talking about the Fouth Amendment;

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

If everyones information is available to every government institution, how are my papers secure?

Once you do go through the trouble of getting your documents together, the DMV will make high-resolution digital copies and put them onto a computer network that can be accessed by any DMV worker, anywhere in the country. The data on your license or ID card will be able to be called-up by any federal or state agency, anywhere. And your information will be put in either a chip or unencrypted barcode on the back, making it easy for anyone to skim your personal information.
    So, if Congress called a vote today (or tomorrow, as today is Sunday), and voted by a majority to block this ID thing, you're saying it would go forward anyway because of this network of dictatorship? Negative my friend. If Congress voted to block, then it would be blocked, because Congress is a check on the President. Further, the Supreme Court is a check on the President as well. I have no idea about the progeny or precedent on the 4th amendment, but I would guess that if this ID violated the 4th amendment, it will be overturned the first time a case comes to the Court.

And I don't watch Fox News. But so what if I did? Maybe you should open your eyes and stop researching on politically biased internet websites.

I have no idea where you actually do your research but if you can make assumptions, so can I.

Thanks

How much more ID do I need? I have a passport, A Pistol permit,and a drivers license.

Thanks

Who do you think I am talking about when I say his network? Our current congress is a bunch of spineless, money grubbing do nothings. Our current president has a 35% or so approval rating. Millions are calling for his impeachment, and what does congress do? Not a fucking thing. They are more corrupt than most of the crooks in jail, but since they make the laws, they get to dodge the consequences. Do you think they really give a shit about the common American? They are looking to further their careers and get re-elected. Not to mention hook up their rich buddies so they can get richer. I donít make any assumptions, I base on facts. If I just made assumptions and didnít check my fact, I would be just as bad as the media. Is this the first post youíve read in this forum?
    The patriot act violates our constitution, and they let that through with hardly any resistance.
    Do you not know that Fox news is a front for the Republican party? I have a video that you need to watch. I'll have to upload it, but look for it in a few days.
    And I donít just blame Fox news, every other major news network has the agenda to report their opinions in addition to the news. Thats why I donít watch any of them. Americans need to wake the fuck up and realize what is happening to the freedoms in our country, and stop putting the blinders on and trusting a bunch of rich upper class tyrants to run it. If not then the country that we used to have is going to be completely changed to the country the terrorists wanted it to be. I am also tired of being associated with the country that is looked at by the rest of the world as being hypocritical bullies.

Thanks

Many American's are waking up. I'm shocked and delighted that so many seem to be getting aware of the political shanangans happening right now. Who are they voting for? Well, I see the libertarian minded Ron Paul as the only promoter of the Constitution. And the Constitution in no way allows for a National I.D. card.

If you haven't heard his message I highly recommend researching his veiwpoints on our current political situation.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty JJ
    Who do you think I am talking about when I say his network? Our current congress is a bunch of spineless, money grubbing do nothings. Our current president has a 35% or so approval rating. Millions are calling for his impeachment, and what does congress do? Not a fucking thing. They are more corrupt than most of the crooks in jail, but since they make the laws, they get to dodge the consequences. Do you think they really give a shit about the common American? They are looking to further their careers and get re-elected. Not to mention hook up their rich buddies so they can get richer. I donít make any assumptions, I base on facts. If I just made assumptions and didnít check my fact, I would be just as bad as the media. Is this the first post youíve read in this forum?
    The patriot act violates our constitution, and they let that through with hardly any resistance.
    Do you not know that Fox news is a front for the Republican party? I have a video that you need to watch. I'll have to upload it, but look for it in a few days.
    And I donít just blame Fox news, every other major news network has the agenda to report their opinions in addition to the news. Thats why I donít watch any of them. Americans need to wake the fuck up and realize what is happening to the freedoms in our country, and stop putting the blinders on and trusting a bunch of rich upper class tyrants to run it. If not then the country that we used to have is going to be completely changed to the country the terrorists wanted it to be. I am also tired of being associated with the country that is looked at by the rest of the world as being hypocritical bullies.
    OK. So it's not only Bush that is "taking away" your freedom, but it is also the democratically controlled Congress. Fair enough. I just wanted to make the point that Bush wasn't a dictator.

And the point about assumptions I was making was that you assumed I watch foxnews in your previous post. I don't watch foxnews, and personally I wouldn't care if they were a front for the ross fucking perot party because I don't watch it, or any other news for that matter.

You don't make assumptions, but you base your arguments on facts. Out of curiosity, where do you get these "facts"? Are you there to witness the occurrence? Are you taking a random sample, calculating the standard error and such? Or are you trusting someone else that the "facts" are facts?

I also think it's funny that in one thread you have posted a link from cnn and then have said that "every other major news network has the agenda to report their opinions in addition to the news. Thats why I donít watch any of them." Then went on to call the country "hypocritical bullies."

And no. This is not the first post I've read on this forum.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thecowboy
    OK. So it's not only Bush that is "taking away" your freedom, but it is also the democratically controlled Congress. Fair enough. I just wanted to make the point that Bush wasn't a dictator.

And the point about assumptions I was making was that you assumed I watch foxnews in your previous post. I don't watch foxnews, and personally I wouldn't care if they were a front for the ross fucking perot party because I don't watch it, or any other news for that matter.

You don't make assumptions, but you base your arguments on facts. Out of curiosity, where do you get these "facts"? Are you there to witness the occurrence? Are you taking a random sample, calculating the standard error and such? Or are you trusting someone else that the "facts" are facts?

I also think it's funny that in one thread you have posted a link from cnn and then have said that "every other major news network has the agenda to report their opinions in addition to the news. Thats why I donít watch any of them." Then went on to call the country "hypocritical bullies."

And no. This is not the first post I've read on this forum.

I apologize for assuming that you watched Fox news, but from your post it seemed like you were defending Bush and his cronies, which is something that a right wing nutjob that thinks Fox news is the whole story would say. Again, I apologize, I donít want to get into a Flame war with anyone, I just get really passionate about this stuff. Sometimes I dont think about how others will read what I typed. The first post thing was sort of a dick thing for me to say too.

Bush, well, I wont get to engulfed in that, but am I the only one that doesnít think it is a big coincidence that he invaded the same country that his daddy did? And they still have never attacked us? I personally think that it should be amended into the constitution that no one in the from the same family, especially a father and son, should be allowed to be in charge of our country. Too much influence can be enforced when everyone with any power is buddies with jr. and sr. We need to get rid of the good Ďol buddies in charge of our country, until that happens nothing can get done that needs to be done because it will not be in the best interest of sometimes friend.

I get my facts by researching laws and bills, and reading what these elected officials are doing, or should I say not doing. Do I trust everything I read and see, hell no. I am not one of those conspiracy theorists that thinks that the government is out to turn the world into something out of 1984. But I am afraid of how things are turning out, and how no one in our government seems to be putting the average persons interests in mind. I look at everything, left, right, backwards...everyone. I do not make uneducated decisions on my views.

I am not a democrat, republican or affiliated with any party. They simply keep our country in a never ending fight amongst each other. But, we will never live in a world where everyone looks at other people as their equals, it sucks but itís a fact of life.

When I said that I didnít watch any of the news programs because of their points of view interfering with the facts came out wrong. I do check some of them out from time to time, but I take what they say with a grain of salt. I posted the CNN link because it was basically a pure fact story that people would recognize. That and it is in print, not on the TV, where most of what I am referring to is the most evident. And like I said I look at as many sources as I can before making any decisions.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast