Closed Thread

Thread: Need advice for a strange fella

Thanks

Need advice for a strange fella

Nopers, I'm not the strange fella, but check this out.

At the Domino's I work at we got a new manager. He brought in a radio and popped in a CD and asked us if we'd mind if he played some relaxing background music. We consented, because who really has the time to listen to music when trying to get friggin pizza's out the door?

Anyway, what we hear makes us all stop. It was sounds of foreign voices and people screaming and begging. We asked what the fuck it was and he said it was recordings from a Vietnamese POW camp during the Vietnam War where our soldiers were being tortured.

It pissed us off and asked him to turn it off. The people coming in were either disturbed our didn't pay any attention (don't know how).

Fast forward to yesterday. He brings in a new CD and what we hear is music for the first track (new age type of shit). Then the next track he dubbed the screams and shit over the music. Don't know what his problem is, but you hear him play this shit in his car.

Can this dude get fired for this or is he just a turd and will be asked to take the radio home?

Thanks

Re: Need advice for a strange fella

Dude needs help, you should try to get a hold of his supervisor, regional manager or whomever is next in line above him. You could also always call corporate. Given Domino's history, I'm sure they'd frown upon that shit.

Thanks

WTF!!! That is some weird shit. If that's what this guy's into I really don't think he's mentally stable enough to manage a chicken coop much less a pizza place. You might want to report his eccentricities to whoever is above him on the totem pole before he decides to start baking pizzas using napalm.

Thanks

holy shit man... for sure talk to the regional manager. there's probably some sort of form in your store too, you could file a complaint, have a few people do it so it's noticed.

Thanks

I talked to the owner of the store today (it's a franchised place) and he said he'll address it with the manager.

He said he was so disgusted by what I told him, especially since he's a Vietnam War vet. He started talking about his brothers he lost and some that just disappeared.

Crazy stuff. Thank you all for the input!

Thanks

Where does one even find that stuff? And why would you want to listen to it? Sooo messed up

Thanks

yeppers ... the boy is a couple of fries short of a happy meal . legally he does not have the right to expose you or others to this type of "enviroment" .

even if what the clown purports to be POW's screaming is nothing but pure bull , he still presented it in a manner to be as such ... it's along the same lines as a guy robbing a bank with toy gun versus a real one : the judge will not be amused .

i have a notion that your boss/owner will rectify the situation ... courts martial : drag that clown's sorry arse up on the carpet and run it up the mast , section 8 him and bounce him hard . the boy will be diddy-bopping back on the block in no time .

that "manager" is lucky that myself or few others i know were not there ... your post would have been more along the lines of what happened at the emergency room .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SexyLexi
    Where does one even find that stuff? And why would you want to listen to it? Sooo messed up
    Obviously no POW would have come back with any kind of recording and I really doubt the North Vietnam goverment would have released any tapes to that effect. We didn't have CD's back then anyway so if it's on a CD he made it up himself. It might be something copied from a movie.

As CWB said this guy seems to be missing the toy out of his happy meal and needs professional help.

If he suppose to have served in Vietnam he have to be at least 50.

Thanks

I appreciate everyone's comments. And I'm happy to announce that the gentleman is no longer part of the Domino's work force.

Can't say that I'll miss him.

Thanks

There are some seriously strange people in this world. I would tell him to turn that crap off, and if he tried to play it again I would contact his supervisor, or higher.

Thanks

cooolll ...

give your boss a salute from me .

now that the idiot-stick is gone , you could have a "going away" party !

Thanks

Weird ass dude you had there. I'm glad he's on the sidewalk and out of your hair. Great job on handling the situation. If ya'll had to pound his ass into the floor in the backroom, I hope you would be thinking about posting us for a fundraiser for attorneys... Nobody needs or should put up with that crap. Good job for the owner, etc. for doing the right thing!

Thanks

Legally there should be a sign posted somewhere in the "employee common area" where there should be a phone number to report such things.... This is not the type of freak you want in charge of your life, if only at work.
    i.e. Be proactive and oust this deranged guy to the political nether realms.

Thanks

Use terms like, I don't feel safe and I am offended and I feel uncomfortable.... Call a corperate number and DON'T give you name.....

Sound orginized, use dates and times...... Collaberate with others that you know don't like the situation................

Closed Thread