Closed Thread

Thread: Oh No!!!

Thanks

Oh No!!!

So my wife was involved in a car accident today with our '05 Chrysler Town & Country. This is the first new car we have ever purchased, and before today was absolutely FLAWLESS. She was headed into a Mcdonalds parking lot and some MORON that was coming around the front of the building from the drive-thru plowed into her with a full-size truck. There were no injuries whatsoever, thank god, but the van......not pretty.

Keep in mind that this is a busy parking lot area. How fast do you think the dipshit in the truck was going to do this much damage? My wife said that when she saw him headed straight for her, he was looking down into his lap. Gee whiz maybe he dropped a fry? Carnage follows:

Thanks

Re: Oh No!!!

Wow that sucks.. My dad has been in 3 accidents since the start of winter.. 1 deer and twice off the road (our area is hell in winter, no sarcasm please). Hope it all works out for ya though, Im sure the idiots insurance will pay for everything but the most important thing is everyone is okay.

Thanks

damn that's a lot of damage for parking lot driving. dumb bastard

Thanks

PARKING lots...why do people think they're express routes.
    Slow down and pay attention.

Hope you get things sorted fast..and that he was insured properly

Thanks

We're still going to have to come up with the deductable until the insurance companys decide what the hell is going on. The accident was on private property so the cops don't get involved other than the accident report. Who knows how long it'll take before I get the $$$ back.

Thanks for the concern and watch out in parking lots! AKA ramrod lots!!

Thanks

wow ... yeah , i was involved in a similar situation a while back . same deal ... the other guy whacked me pretty good . the city cops did show up and took down the information but the rest was left up to the insurance people .

my insurance agent told me not to talk to anyone about it ... especially if the OTHER insurance company called and wanted any information . he said : "tell them to talk to me" .
    wouldn't you know it ... a few days later the other company called and started asking questions ... i respectfully declined and told them to contact my agent and gave them his number .

it seems to me that that's what those guys do for a living (lawyers too) ... it is part of their job to look out for the best intrests of the company and clients . let them figure out who is responsible for what .

ps ... it looks like you need some front-end work ... that drivers side wheel has a little too much toe-out ! the front fender panel is toast . the door panels need to be replaced ; severe corner creases . the door frames might have been tweaked out of shape too , in that case it may be best to obtain new/used doors . they do a pretty good job of color matching with paint these days ... i believe that you have the final say in what is an acceptable match .
    the rear panel is not real bad ... they should be able to save that .

Thanks

Closed Thread