Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do you believe in fate?

Thanks

do you believe in fate?

do you believe or do you think we can change our destiny?

Emery is a Great Band Andytsi95's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: do you believe in fate?

No, Explain Deja Vu and maybe ill change my mind. Even when you know that Deja Vu is happening you cant change it. It's totally wierd.

Scotlands finest SuperMod michaeljohn's Avatar
    Glasgow Scotland Heritage: Scotsman; Pict
    Thanks

We make our own destiny. If we believe otherwise than we are doomed to our own fears.

Download from same host simultaneously for free, 3 times per day per link.
    Rename files if you d/l multiple parts (split rar files)

http://www.fileleech.eu/
    http://www.premiumgenerator.eu/
    http://tigerleech.com/index.php
    http://www.powerleech.eu/

Thanks

I do and dont. Some thing are gonna happen anyway. But for the most part you do create your own fortune, so im straddlig the fence.

Groin Grabbingly Good Juan.Camaney's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe in fate, its all set up. And yeah, you can create your own future to a certain point. If the block that was falling off the 2nd story wall was meant to hit you and you die, it was meant to hit you and you die.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by juan.camaney
    I believe in fate, its all set up. And yeah, you can create your own future to a certain point. If the block that was falling off the 2nd story wall was meant to hit you and you die, it was meant to hit you and you die.
    Exactly, but if you sit on your ass all day, its not your fate to be a bum.

Take this, and eat it... BackdoorJesus's Avatar
    Thanks

You guys sound like a bunch of Calvinists...true, some things we have no control over (like natural events/disasters), but I like to believe that I am the master of my own destiny...but that's not to say I don't believe in the concept of karma, however....

It is better to pass out than to black out.

Not all ninjas wear masks roachdude's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andytsi95
    No, Explain Deja Vu and maybe ill change my mind. Even when you know that Deja Vu is happening you cant change it. It's totally wierd.
    well whenever deja vu happens to me... i remember about 15 - 20 seconds of events... and it all seems so familiar to me... but what I am expecting to happen next, never does.

For instance. One night I was at work and it all started... a man stood up, went to the bathroom, his son chased after him... i looked down at the micro, and i knew, absolutely knew... that my g/f was going to be running towards me when i looked up. I looked up, and alas, she was not there. However I noted the time (~8:30... chili's time is a bit off from real time), as I have started to track this kind of thing.

Much to my amazement, when I talked to her after I got home from work on the phone, she informed me that she was planning on visiting me around 8:30, but her mom wouldnt let her out of the house. I was pleasantly freaked out. :wiggle:

So.... I dont know where I am going with this... I can't see how we can be completely helpless and unable to change our outcome. I think it is possible that the way we die is already determined. I saw on tv somewhere today that some people are born victims. Maybe I am determined to die of a heart attack... be it when im 50 and fat... or 95 and fucking... thats up to me. *shrugs*

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bob4Beer
    Exactly, but if you sit on your ass all day, its not your fate to be a bum.
    Yeah it is! If you sit on your ass all day thats where you were meant to be. If you decide to change it, then that was your fate as well. Dont get me wrong, I try as hard as I can to be my very best every day and plan my future and have goals dreams and want to suceed. But whats to say that as I go home tonight, I dont get caught in the cross fire of the local hoods? If you want to tell me that I can always move out to a place where there are no hoods, you can always get shot everywhere...

Thanks

There is something about the human will to live I'd like to mention, people will not die unless they allow themselves too, period. Point in case: couple has been married happily for 50 years and have lived long, one of them dies, 9 times out of 10 the other dies soon after b/c he/she has nothing to live for. Also, sometimes ppl die from some casue that doesn't usually kill ppl or ppl live that usually kills people increadably. However, it is not just the will to live alone that keeps ppl alive, its all just dumb luck. So there is such thing as "fate" where something is might happen in the future, but it is not written in stone b/c it has not happened yet and something can stop it from happeneing, but in my mind there is no such thing as "pre-determined" fate, we do indeed have control over what happens to us.

Thanks

If there wasn't any such thing, there wouldnt be a meaning for the word.

boon

I think we can change our destiny.

Emery is a Great Band Andytsi95's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bleh123
    There is something about the human will to live I'd like to mention, people will not die unless they allow themselves too, period. Point in case: couple has been married happily for 50 years and have lived long, one of them dies, 9 times out of 10 the other dies soon after b/c he/she has nothing to live for. Also, sometimes ppl die from some casue that doesn't usually kill ppl or ppl live that usually kills people increadably. However, it is not just the will to live alone that keeps ppl alive, its all just dumb luck. So there is such thing as "fate" where something is might happen in the future, but it is not written in stone b/c it has not happened yet and something can stop it from happeneing, but in my mind there is no such thing as "pre-determined" fate, we do indeed have control over what happens to us.
    I think you got it wrong, Even if you think that you are changing anything, its already been planned. Every "change" you try to make "something or someone" has already made it for you. So even if you think your changing anything, the change has already been made up and you are just going with the flow of your own destiny.

xman

I agree with Andy, some things happen as the result of everything you do, but your inherent nature is one thing that helps steer you to where you end up.

Thanks

no, if you read philosophical arguements there are no strong ones to support it. If in fact we have free will, then we cannot have everything pre determined, otherwise we would be just robots walking around waiting for things to happen. There are people out there not wiling to follow their dreams because they believe it will eventually happen, well sorry to say, but if you take the backseat then it may not happen. For those of you believing in fate, what force is it that holds you to it (god-devil-something else-what) If its god then we don't have free will at all since we will have no way around our destiny. Even if you say partial fate such as god wants me to be a doctor, but how I do it is up to me. Well this holds no water because you could change your mind, but if you can't change your mind then you have no free will. To much people say, oh look it must be fate-why what logical reason is there for this belief? If its god and there is fate, then there really is no challenge and we are mearly waiting for things to happen. Also think of how quickly our minds change, we are never in a constant state-such as happy or sad, one small moment can change your whole day or life.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast